Wednesday, February 18, 2009

our first fruity fig...


l picked our very first homegrown fig today ..
it is a 'brown fig' type ..it was absolutely delicious and we shared it 4 ways ..
memories came flooding back of a holiday we had in primosten yugoslavia many moons ago..
we would get up on a morning and pick these luscious fruits from our balcony window and feast on them for breakfast.. the poor old fig tree was hanging on for dear life as it was growing on a really steep craggy hillside and i couldn't believe the size and the quality of the figs that were coming off this neglected tree!
i think i may be pampering my fig tree too much when i think about it ..
when the grankiddles came home from school they had cool ginger beer with homemade choc chip cookies.....

4 comments:

Julie said...

I picked our first figs today too. I've never eaten them, how do you use them? I'd love some tips.

Danielle said...

Last week I was given loads of figs by a friend. I made a lovely fig tart and fig loaf - very yummy!

julie said...

don't like figs but I'm loving the dotty cups and saucers they look delicious even without the ginger beer

jules xx

Julia said...

I LOVE figs!
only one!...enjoy, I'm sure next year you'll have lots more..