Monday, June 1, 2009

i'm getting better!...

yes i really am..
i know that this little piece of lovliness may not look like much to some but there is so much love and nurturing gone into this little wild sourdough loaf ..
i do sound like a nutjob i know but this IS the only bread that i can tolerate with my gluten intolerance ..and only a small quantity..
but i love the reconnection to past loved ones who were breadmaking champions that happens when i bake these little fellas ..
when you get a result and you are only using flour ,water and salt and NO YEAST you are quite amazed at how nature provides all this magic...
and all totally digestible and nourishing and above all TASTES delicious ...
off to feed the mother ...


2 comments:

Beedeebabee said...

You know, for the past eight years I've had stomach problems! Been back and forth to doctors, and had a gazillion tests, had my gall bladder removed, and still they can't figure it out. I was tested for celliac (I know I spelled that wrong) twice, and the results came back negative...BUT, if I eat certain breads, bagels, oatmeal and such, I'm sick for days with a stomach ache and a head ache. I think it's an ingredient in some of those foods, even granola type bars can set it off! Enough of my complaining! Your bread looks DEEEElicious, and I wish I had a nice big chunck with some fresh butter!!! yummy!!! Paulette :o)

MarmaladeRose said...

I can almost smell that bread, aaaah! Scrummy!
Thank you soooo much for the lovely comment you left on my blog. I often wonder if people are sick of pictures of the Dales or think I'm rubbing their noses in it because I live in a beautiful place. I just feel sooo lucky to live here that I want to share it with every body who can't live here!(I know not everyone would want to) It just takes my breath away every day, I want to put my arms around the whole place and give it a hug.
As for bunnies, I'll email you later today as I really have to go to work now.
Talk later, love Fi x