Sunday, January 10, 2010

i love farmers markets...


hooray we have our very own farmers market..
we took the granchidren and they had a ball.
every stall holder had tasting samples and were sooooo children and people friendly..what a turn up for the books!..
now i do remember why i loathe supermarkets...
shopping consisted of fresh organic herbs and lettuces..organic carrots ..butternut squash [in the oven roasting at the moment ]..freshly squeezed raw juices..stone baked rye bread with a crust to die for...plums ,peaches ,apricots and cherries which were freshly picked this morning..
sheep's milk camembert and aged cheddar..
all these things are here right on our doorstep..
and to top off the list we had handmade fudges made with real organic milk and cream!!
we are definately going again next week to support our local food artisans and i understand that only seasonal food is for sale so i love that pressure on me as a cook ..
i would shop like this all the time ...in fact..i may well do!!...

3 comments:

Danielle said...

I love farmers markets too - is it as good as Albany? x

MarmaladeRose said...

Gosh! You're making my mouth water! Especially with the cheeses hmmmmm.....
Just wanted to say, about the 20 minutes crafting; forgive me if I don't check in with you every day as I now have 19 bloggers joining in. If I check everyone every day I won't be able to find time for my 20 minutes. Lol.
Anyway there is enough of us now to all encourage each other.

Keep posting your work though.

Love Fi x

Unknown said...

Yum all that fresh food and friendly people too ! You can't lose !