Thursday, July 2, 2009

flowers for the teacher...







well my sock class came to an end and i was rewarded with several girls completing a sock ...
i was also lucky enough to have made 12 beautiful friends ..
and flowers and laughter and a wonderful little book that dear leah brought in and ...did you know... a sock has around 17000 stithes in it ..so that is 34000 stitches...for a pair...no wonder you only knit for people you love and adore!!
on a sad note one of our chooks died yesterday..but she was part of the family menagerie..
i have to remember these words from sogyal rinpoche author of the tibetan book of living and dying.."things die, nothing lasts...all is impermanent, we must learn to let go".
but it is still hard , as i carried her little body ,i realised that as i cried i was again letting go for all my previous losses my family.. my pets... my homes...
i have to think how lucky i was to have this little creature in my life and it was a gift...
so again i cried for my little pud...
and as i am writing this the tears are flowing and as my nana used to say"it's like having a cup of tea with the lord"...and although i am not deeply religious i know there has to be more...'

1 comment:

Danielle said...

we are so lucky to have you ! x